Eight Things To Learn In College
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 5:05 PM
One year of concentrated effort to learn eight things would replace the four years of conventional college.
- MEMORY Learn the skill of memorizing lists and more complicated information.
- NUMERACY Learn the skills of mental arithmetic.
- CURIOSITY Learn how to ask good questions.
- HISTORY Master a wide variety of mental models (and their microlects) in time and space of human history.
- COMPLEXITY Understand how complicated is the Universe, how simple rules may generate complexity, and how simplicity may emerge from complex systems.
- CHARACTER Learn to recognize the difference between good and bad character in a human being.
- ACTING Master the basic skills of acting, including empathy for the feelings of others.
- SELF-TEACHING Learn the skills for teaching oneself almost anything.